Monday, September 01, 2008

Joshua Radin


Last week I went to Solana Beach and saw Joshua Radin, which was a fantastic show. He is one of my favorite musicians of the past 3 years for sure.  Two years ago I saw him play and we met afterwards. This time I walked up to him after the show, and he remembered me and the venue we met at, without my saying anything... I was pretty amped.


"You've got growin' up to do" - (full performance)
From the upcoming record. My most anticipated of the year.


"Don't think twice, its alright" - Bob Dylan Cover (clip)
Joshua got off the stage for his encore and played the first song he ever learned to play. He played unplugged, and was standing right next to me.... as you can see.


"Fear you won't fall" (clip... my memory card filled up about 30 seconds in)


"I'd rather be with you" (clip)
This song is from Joshua's upcoming record, which released Sept 9th. If you like it, then definitely BUY the album.  Joshua shared that his label demanded he write them a top40 hit, and when he said no, they refused to release is record. In turn, he bought out his 4 album contract with Columbia Records (i think?) and is releasing it on his own dime, hoping that it will succeed. Gotta respect that :)  Also, he says to tell everyone his new genre name is, "Whisper Rock"

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Hey Kevin, didn't know you had a blog till I just saw the link on aunt Barb's. Funny, I didn't know you loved (or even knew about) Flogging Molly. A friend of ours put that song on Mitch's phone and he used it as his alarm forever - so I woke up to that song EVERY DAY!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home