Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fionn Regan

Alrighty.. I was in Minnesota last week, which was amazing. One of the best weekends I've had in a while. Once I get pictures from Lauren, I will do a post on that.

Last night I went up to San Francisco and saw Irish folk singer Fionn Regan perform. It was, to say the least, an amazing performance. He's a very funny, strange man. I got some videos and one photo. Enjoy!


Before this song (The Underwood Typewriter) Fionn said something like this: "This is a quiet song, for someone with small ears. The ears of a cricket... a cricket in your pocket." (sorry, at the end of the video some tall dude kept movin around in front of me)


This next song was the last song of the night (Be Good or Be Gone). Fionn was getting frustrated with everyone talking over him. He said, "I may be a small man, but I can punch over my weight!" haha, he had a way with words. So, this song he turned his sound off, and forced everyone to be silent so we could hear him. It was great. He stepped off the stage, so you can't really see him till about 30 seconds in, when a spotlight gets pointed at him. Then he leads us all to sing-a-long at the end. All in all, it was an amazing amazing time.


Also, the band that played before Fionn was from the LA area, and had a big Decemberists influence. They were great! Dusty Rhodes and the River Band. Fun, upbeat, folk, lots of people, instruments, and great stuff to dance to. Check em out here: http://www.myspace.com/dustyrhodes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home